Monday, July 3, 2017

Tiana's Makeover

Shrinking Tiana's Head

Recently I've found both Disney and Mattel versions of Tiana in Thrift stores and decided to purchase a few of them.  I’m glad I did purchase some because Mattel stopped making them and I'm not a big fan of the Hasbro version.  The Mattel and Disney versions have distinct differences.  Initially, it took me a while to warm up to the Princess because of her over sized head.  I decided to shrink the Mattel version.


The Tiana I chose to make over had a bad case of "glue head."  There was so much glue that over time it had begun to seep out through the holes into the hair which caused it to became extremely gummy.  I repainted and flocked her head after a full acetone shrink.  Here's 3 of my makeovers with natural hair styles.



No comments:

Post a Comment