Monday, July 3, 2017

Naomi's Makeover

A new look for Naomi by Olmec Toys

This doll is a gift to me from my sister.  Naomi, by Olmec Toys was produced in the 90’s.  She's the best friend of Imani who was the main character in this doll line.  This doll has somewhat of an overbite that, to me, makes her facial mold uniquely appealing.

 

She’s been the subject of many experimental repaints and as a result, has gone through a series of transformations since I received her in 2015.


With help from a few internet tutorials, doll play for me has also become repaints and makeovers.  I tried to save the original eyes and but ended up removing the entire face.  Since her hair was already braided,  I set the waves with hot water.


After purchasing a few more art supplies I was able to give her a more realistic look. I also used regular eye makeup to shadow and highlight her face.  I'm satisfied with this latest repaint.  



No comments:

Post a Comment